Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Simple Past Tense Activity

It's been a while since I shared something I prepared for my kids. Here is an idea to work on Simple Present Tense and Simple Past Tense that I have written. 

I started the worksheet with a story of a boy named Tom. But to make it a little bit more interesting, I told that it was actually written by one of Tom's friends when they were 12. The year was 2004. And I asked them to underline the verbs - that's where they sometimes have problems: to identify the verb! 

Then, I continued with the same story but I erased the verbs. It's 2016 now, so how was Tom's life when he was 12? The kids completed the blanks using Simple Past Tense of the verbs in the original story. 

I ended the handout by asking the kids a question: How old is Tom now? What do you think he does for a living? And that's a speaking activity +.+ 







You can download the handout here =)

Enjoy !







No comments :

Post a Comment